HONOLULU, Hawaii- The UC Santa Barabara Gauchos (5-5) fell to No. 35 Oregon (6-2) on Saturday by a score of 5-2.
The defeat marked the Gauchos first lost in the last five matches.
In doubles, Oregon got the first match of the day as Nia Rose and Alyssa Tobita defeated Stephanie Yamada and Melissa Baker 6-2 on court two. The Gauchos answered back as Lou Adler and Amanda Atanasson defeated Marlou Kluiving and Christi Woodson 6-4 on court three.
The match on court one was a close one that went into a tiebreaker. Unfortunately for Santa Barbara, #18 Palina Dubavets and Stefani Stojic lost their first regular season match, as they fell to Kennan Jonson and Shweta Sangwan 7-6(7-2).
With the Ducks up by one, Oregon's Tobita delivered another point to their cause as she defeated Stefani Stojic 6-3, 6-4 on court three. Johnson added another tally to the board in favor of Oregon as she defeated Dubavets 2-6, 7-5, 6-2 at the number one position.
The Ducks went on to clinch the match as Woodson took down Jaimee Gilbertson on court five by a score of 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.
Natalie Da Silveira extended her win streak to four matches as she defeated Kluiving on court six by a score of 3-6, 6-4, 6-2. Adler gave the Gauchos their last point of the day as she defeated rose in three sets by a final score of 2-6, 6-4, 6-4. The Ducks ended the match with a win as Sangwan defeated Atanasson 7-5, 6-4 on court four.
The Gauchos will head to the Bay Area next weekend to take on Santa Clara, San Jose State, and St. Mary's.
No. 35 Oregon 5, UC Santa Barbara 2
1. Johnson/Sangwan (UO) def. #18 Dubavets/Stojic (UCSB) 7-6(2)
2. Rose/Tobita (UO) def. Baker/Yamada (UCSB) 6-2
3. Adler/Atanasson (UCSB) def. Kluiving/Woodson (UO) 6-4
Order of finish: 2,3,1
1. Kennan Johnson (UO) def. Palina Dubavets (UCSB) 2-6, 7-5, 6-2
2. Lou Adler (USCB) def. Nia Rose (UO) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4
3. Alyssa Tobita (UO) def. Stefani Stojic (UCSB) 6-3, 6-4
4. Shweta Sangwan (UO) def. Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) 7-5, 6-4
5. Christi Woodson (UO) def. Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
6. Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) def. Marlou Kluiving (UO) 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
Order of finish: 3,1,5,6,2,4