SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- The UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (6-5) defeated the Portland Pilots (4-6) in less than two hours on Thursday.
The Gauchos are now 5-3 at home so far this season.
Santa Barbara began the day with a new look doubles lineup that was able to handily clinch the doubles point. Melissa Baker and Stephanie Yamada were the only doubles team that stuck together from the usual doubles lineup of past matches. The two were able to get the 6-0 win over Emily Gould and Maja Mladenovic to get the Gauchos going.
Natalie Da Silveira saw her first doubles action of the season as she teamed up with Jaimee Gilbertson to take down Radina Dimitrova and Tatiana Grigoryan by a score of 6-1 and secure the doubles point for UCSB.
Over on the singles side, Amanda Atanasson kept the Gauchos perfect with her 6-2, 6-0 win over Grigoryan on court four.
Yamada got her first singles win of the season as she defeated Gould 6-1, 6-0 on court six.
Da Silveira improved her record to 7-1 in dual matches this season as she clinched the match for the Gauchos with her 6-1, 6-3 win over Tori Troesch at the number five position.
The Gauchos will have a week off until they face Harvard on Saturday, March 19 at 12pm here in Santa Barbara.
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. Portland Pilots
Santa Barbara, Calif.
Rec Center Courts
March 10, 2016
UCSB 4, POR 0
1. Palina Dubavets (UCSB) vs. Lucia Butkovska (POR) 3-6, 4-2 unf.
2. Lou Adler (UCSB) vs. Radina Dimitrova (POR) 6-4, 1-6 unf.
3. Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) vs. Maja Mladenovic (POR) 1-6, 6-2, 1-1 unf.
4. Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) def. Tatiana Grigoryan (POR) 6-2, 6-0
5. Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) def. Tori Troesch (POR) 6-1, 6-3
6. Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) def. Emily gould (POR) 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish (4, 6, 5)
1. Palina Dubavets/Lou Adler (UCSB) vs. Lucia Butkovska/Jelena Lazarevic (POR) 3-2 unf.
2. Melissa Baker/Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) def. Emily Gould/Maja Mladenovic (POR) 6-0
3. Natalie Da Silveira/Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) def. Radina Dimitrova/Tatiana Grigoryan (POR) 6-1
Order of finish (2, 3)
UC Santa Barbara (6-5)
Portland Pilots (4-6)