SAN JOSE, Calif.- The No. 69 UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (8-6) took down the San Jose Spartans (7-5) on Wednesday by a score of 5-2.
The Gauchos have now won seven of their last nine matches.
Amanda Atanasson and her partner Lou Adler added another win to their record as well as the Gaucho duo took down Miyo Kobayashi and Justine Deleval by a score of 6-3 to clinch the doubles point for the Gauchos.
Natalie Da Silveira improved to 8-2 on the season as she defeated Deleval 6-4, 6-1 on court six. Soon after, Adler defeated Sybille Gauvain 6-2, 6-3 on court one to put the Gauchos up 3-0.
The Spartans were able to get on the board as Kobayashi defeated Jaimee Gilbertson on court four by a score of 6-1, 6-4. However, Stojic was able to clinch the Gaucho victory with her 6-1, 7-5 win on court three.
With the score 4-1, play continued. Dubavets battled through a tie breaker and came out on top with a 4-6, 7-6 10-6 victory over Klocker on court two. Marine Dans defeated Atanasson in a tie breaker 6-7, 6-4, 10-6 to give the Spartans their second point.
The Gauchos will return home to host Boise State on Thursday at 11AM at the Rec Center Courts.
San Jose State Spartans vs. No. 69 UC Santa Barbara Gauchos
San Jose, Calif.
March 23, 2016
UCSB 5, SJSU 2
1. Lou Adler (UCSB) def. Sybille Gauvain (SJSU) 6-2, 6-3
2. Palina Dubavets (UCSB) def. Marie Klocker (SJSU) 4-6, 7-6, 10-6
3. Setfani Stojic (UCSB) def. Gaelle Rey (SJSU) 6-1, 7-5
4. Marine Dans (SJSU) def. Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) 6-7, 6-4, 10-6
5. Miyo Kobayashi (SJSU) def. Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) 6-1, 6-4
6. Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) def. Justine Deleval (SJSU) 6-4, 6-1
Order of Finish (6, 1, 5, 3, 2, 4)
1. #11 Palina Dubavets/Stefani Stojic (UCSB) def. Marie Klocker/Gaelle Rey (SJSU) 6-2
2. Sybille Gauvain/Marine Dans (SJSUE) vs. Melissa Baker/Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) unf.
3. Lou Adler/Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) def. Miyo Konayashi/Justine Deleval (SJSU) 6-3
Order of Finish (1, 3)
UCSB (8-6); National Ranking 69