LOS ANGELES - The 33rd-ranked doubles team of Melissa Baker and Stephanie Yamada won their match at No. 2 on Saturday, but it wasn't enough as UC Santa Barbara dropped a 4-0 decision at No. 20 UCLA in a match that was originally scheduled for Friday but was ranked out.
Yamada and Baker defeated Terri Fleming an Alaina Miller, 6-3.
The Bruins claimed the doubles point as the ninth-ranked tandem of Jada Hart and Ena Shibahara topped UCSB's Stefani Stojic and Palina Dubavets at No. 1, 6-3. At No. 3, Jaimee Gilbertson and Natalie Da Silveira battled Gabby Andrews and Kristin Wiley before falling in a tough one, 6-4.
In singles, Hart beat Stojic at No. 4, 6-0, 6-2, and was the first one off the court for the Bruins. Fleming then swept Da Silveira, 6-2, 6-3, to make it 3-0 and soon after that Shibahara posted a 6-4, 6-3 win over Dubavets at No. 1.
UCSB is now 0-4 and will return to action on Feb. 11 when it hosts San Jose State.
Tennis Match Results UC Santa Barbara vs UCLA Feb 04, 2017
at Los Angeles, CA (Sunset Canyon Tennis Courts)
#20 UCLA 4, UC Santa Barbara 0
1. Ena Shibahara (UCLA) def. Palina Dubavets (UCSB) 6-4, 6-3
2. Terri Fleming (UCLA) def. Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) 6-2, 6-3
3. Alaina Miller (UCLA) vs. Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) 7-6 (7-0), 3-2, unfinished
4. Jada Hart (UCLA) def. Stefani Stojic (UCSB) 6-0, 6-2
5. Gabby Andrews (UCLA) vs. Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) 6-3, 3-4, unfinished
6. Kristin Wiley (UCLA) vs. Melissa Baker (UCSB) 3-6, 3-4, unfinished
1. #9 Jada Hart/Ena Shibahara (UCLA) def. Stefani Stojic/Palina Dubavets (UCSB) 6-2
2. #33 Melissa Baker/Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) def. Terri Fleming/Alaina Miller (UCLA) 6-3
3. Gabby Andrews/Kristin Wiley (UCLA) def. Jaimee Gilbertson/Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) 6-4
Match Notes: UC Santa Barbara 0-4 UCLA 4-1; National ranking #20
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (4,2,1)