LOS ANGELES, Calif.- For the first time this season, the UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis team was held silent by No. 11 UCLA with a 4-0 finish in the Gauchos' final non-conference match.
The loss to UCLA snapped UCSB's 2-match win streak which dropped Santa Barbara to 7-6 in dual matches this season.
The Bruins were just as commanding in singles play led by Alaina Miller in the four-spot. Miller won 6-1, 6-3 against Juliana Valero and took the 2-0 advantage for UCLA.
Taylor Johnson gave UCLA complete control with the 6-1, 6-3 victory from court five against Lise Sentenac, and it was No. 56 Jada Hart who closed out the day to secure the win for the Bruins.
Hart beat Elizaveta Volodko 6-2, 6-2 on court one to gnab the win for UCLA who improved to 11-3 this season.
UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis shifts its attention to conference play as the Gauchos get ready to face Long Beach State on Saturday, March 30, at 11 a.m. in Long Beach, Calif.
Tennis Match Results:
UC Santa Barbara vs UCLA
3/27/2019 at Los Angeles, CA
(Los Angeles Tennis Center)
#11 UCLA 4, UC Santa Barbara 0
1. #56 Jada Hart (UCLA) def. Elizaveta Volodko (UCSB) 6-2, 6-2
2. #18 Elysia Bolton (UCLA) vs. Amit Lev Ari (UCSB) 7-6 (7-5), 3-0, unfinished
3. Abi Altick (UCLA) vs. Tiffany Lagarde (UCSB) 3-6, 3-2, unfinished
4. Alaina Miller (UCLA) def. Juliana Valero (UCSB) 6-1, 6-3
5. Taylor Johnson (UCLA) def. Lise Sentenac (UCSB) 6-1, 6-3
6. Gabby Andrews (UCLA) vs. Anastasia Goncharova (UCSB) 4-6, 5-0, unfinished
UC Santa Barbara 7-6
UCLA 11-3; National ranking #11
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (4,5,1)