HONOLULU, Hawaii- The UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis team fell 6-1 to University of Hawaii on Saturday for the Gauchos first conference loss of the season.
UCSB moves to 9-7 in dual matches and 3-1 in Big West meetings following the loss to the reigning Big West Conference Tournament Champions.
Hawaii's Petra Melounova and Nikola Dolakova opened the day with a 6-4 win against Stephanie Yamada to set the tone early and hand the Gaucho pair just their second dual match doubles loss of the season.
To clinch the doubles point, Maayan Sela and Alzbeta Houbova outlasted Amit Lev Ari and Julaina Valero from court three to give the Rainbow Wahine the early lead.
Volodko picked up the sole singles win of the day for the Gauchos from court three with a 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory over Nikola Dolakova.
The Gauchos come back home to face off with UC Irvine on Saturday, April 13, at 1:30 p.m. for their first match at home since March 14.
Tennis Match Results:
UC Santa Barbara vs Hawaii
Apr 06, 2019 at Honolulu, HI
(UH Tennis Complex)
Hawaii 6, UC Santa Barbara 1
1. #62 Melounova,Petra (UH-W) def. Amit Lev-Ari (UCSB) 6-1, 7-5
2. Sela,Maayan (UH-W) def. Tiffany Lagarde (UCSB) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
3. Elizaveta Volodko (UCSB) def. Dolakova,Nikola (UH-W) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
4. Pits,Michelle (UH-W) def. Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) 2-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-4
5. Resma,Roxanne (UH-W) def. Anastasia Goncharova (UCSB) 1-6, 6-4, 7-6 (8-6)
6. Houbova,Alzbeta (UH-W) def. Lise Sentenac (UCSB) 6-4, 6-3
3. Sela,Maayan/Houbova,Alzbeta (UH-W) def. Amit Lev-Ari/Juliana Valero (UCSB) 6-4
UC Santa Barbara 9-7, 3-1
Hawaii 7-9, 4-2
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (1,3,6,2,4,5)