ORLANDA, Fla.- In the first match of three on the weekend for UC Santa Barbara women's tennis, the Gauchos blew past Nebraska 4-1 to set the tone for the weekend of tennis at the USTA National Campus.
With the win, UCSB improves to 2-4 on the season following its first match against a non-ranked opponent since the Gauchos' opening day triumph over University of San Francisco.
Just as dominant in the second half of play, UC Santa Barbara swept through singles matches with a triad of two-set wins.
Lev Ari ripped past Novak on court one with a 6-1, 7-5 score while Tiffany Lagarde beat Chloe Kuckleman with the same advantage on the scoreboard from court three.
An undefeated day for Goncharova, the sophomore pounced on Ellie Kuckelman to come away the 6-3, 6-4 clinching victory for the Gauchos.
UC Santa Barbara women's tennis will culminate its seven-match road trip against No. 15 UCF and TCU on Sunday, February 16 at the USTA National Campus.
Tennis Match Results
UCSB vs Nebraska
Feb 14, 2020 at Orlando, Fla.
(USTA National Campus)
UCSB 4, Nebraska 1
1. Amit Lev Ari (UCSB) def. Kristina Novak (NEB) 6-1, 7-5
2. Claire Reifeis (NEB) def. Elizaveta Volodka (UCSB) 6-3, 7-5
3. Tiffany Lagarde (UCSB) def. Chloe Kuckelman (NEB) 6-1, 7-5
4. Isabel Adrover Gallego (NEB) vs. Dominika Paterova (UCSB) 6-7(3), 5-3, unfinished
5. Hayley Haakenstad (NEB) vs. Shakhnoza Khatamova (UCSB) 6-7(3), 5-4, unfinished
6. Anastasia Goncharova (UCSB) def. Ellie Kuckelman (NEB) 6-3, 6-4
1. Anastasia Goncharova/Dominika Paterova (UCSB) def. Claire Reifeis/Kristina Novak (NEB) 6-2
2. Isabel Adrover Gallego/Chloe Kuckelman (NEB) vs. Tiffany Lagarde/Shakhnoza Khatmova (UCSB) 3-5, unfinished
3. Amit Lev Ari/Sentenac (UCSB) def. Jessica Aragon/Hayley Haakenstad (NEB) 6-3
Order of Finish:
Doubles: (1,3); Singles: (1, 2, 3, 6)